From September, the school will be using Big Maths, a program based on 5 simple principles, that are, at the end of the day, just common sense:
1. Children become numerate through following a natural sequence of
progression. An example, to know double 70, they need to know double
7 first (Progression Drives).
2. Children need to have basic skills to be able to use basic skills. Before they
can 'use and apply' skills, they need to have those basic skills.
3. Children gain these basic skills through CLIC:
It's Nothing New
4. Children need a structured, and regular, basic skills sessions - little and
often. This will be delivered in daily sessions.
5. Consistency. The journey starts in Reception, and is planned and tracked,
until the end of Year 6.
|10 Counting Progress Drives||No of Steps|
If you have any concerns about anything on this website, any other websites you or your family and friends visit, or anyone that contacts you through a website, please click on this button to register your concern. You can speak to anyone in the school with your concerns. In particular Miss Blanchard and Mr Weatherby are responsible for online safety.