Phonics Leader & Key Stage 1 Class Teacher
!Required from Summer Term 2019!
Salary: MPR (UPS will be considered depending on experience) Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Contract term: Permanent
Closing Date: 12 noon – Tuesday 26th February 2019
The Willows Primary School is a unique, exciting place to work. We are looking for an experience RWI phonics leader, who can continue the hard work of our current leader (who is leaving to join Ruth Miskin Training) to develop the RWI approach to phonics across early years and key stage 1. The school is very fortunate to currently benefit from being a TILF funded school which means we have regular support from a RWI trainer. Our aim as a school is to become with the next 18 months is to become an official RWI school.
This is an exciting role at the heart of the school and the successful candidate will play a key part in help our pupils to develop their phonics knowledge and ability to read at the appropriate standard for their age. It is also one of our key aims to ensure that pupils learn to read for enjoyment and pleasure.
We require a qualified teacher and phonics leader who:
- can demonstrate consistently good teaching across Key Stage 1, but particularly in phonics.
- has experience of leading phonics within a primary setting.
- has experience of delivering the RWI approach to phonics.
- has high expectations and a track record of securing high outcomes for ALL pupils.
- can effectively use assessment for learning to support their teaching and move pupils learning forward.
- Can work as part of a team and share responsibility for pupil outcomes.
Our commitment to you…..
- A well-resourced school that encourages continuing professional development.
- Trust in your capabilities and support for you to realise your innovative ideas.
- A school where you will be enabled to make your mark and you will really know you are making a difference in the lives of children.
- A warm welcome when you visit.
The Willows Primary School is an Orwell Multi Academy Trust Academy and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Get in touch: Tel: 01473 683178
Visits to the school are welcomed.